domingo, 4 de marzo de 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Edgar

Mr. Edgar is my neighbour. I know him since I was three years old and he is very old now. He used to be tall but now, with the heavy weight of the years, he is not even as tall as me. His hair has become rey and he needs glasses. He used to play squash so now his knees are injured and he needs a wood walking stick. He is a very strange person. He rarely leaves home and, when he he does, is with his friendly dog, whose name is "Fuffy". It is a huge but cheerful dog. When I meet him, I always salute him because I feel an enormous respect towards him (he survived the second world war). However, I always get a bad mooded "hello" or simply a grunt as an answer. He loves spending his afternoons watching black and white films on T.V.
Every Sunday his daughter, who is very pretty, visits him. I don't know why she is still going because almost every Sunday the end up shouting each other.
My other neighbour is Mrs. Edgar. She used to be Mr. Edgar's wife but they are now divorced.
Even though  she is quite old, she is fit and she still keeps her blond hair.  She is not hunchbacked but she is not tall either. Unlike her old husband she is a woman full of energy, life and positive power; but anyway, she is also a kind of strange person. She loves nature and she has a huge garden full of exotic plants and weird trees. When you enter there tou feel free and it seems that you are in the middle of the jungle. What is more, she also love animals. That is why she has three cats, two turtles and five different parrots. She spends all time taking care of her animal and garden. She is an excellent cooker. That explains why her daughter has lunch there almost every day.
Sally is my girlfriend and she wants me to arrange a meeting with her parents. There is just one problem. She is the daughter of  Mr. and Mrs. Edgar. I supose that the day of the meeting will be a legendary day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario